Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Handing badges out

Something that comes up from time to time is how you hand badges out to the girls.  I have always preferred stapling them to a 3x5 notecard, each with the kids' name, and instructions written on (with arrows in some cases) as to where the badges go.

We make camp blankets every year with the girls, the options are camp blanket, front of sash (for keepers) and back of sash (for challenge crests).  Taking inspiration from this wonderful Brownies website, I created a template for a Sparks sash and staple/pin all of the start of year insignia to that.



For the rest of the year, after enrollment, I put all the badges we earn in a month together on a 3x5 card and hand them out the last meeting of each month.

Like So -


This is what I'm handing out at the end of January.

So that's how I do it.  Please leave a comment with how you hand out badges!

No comments:

Post a Comment